Fear Is The Path To The Dark Side-Someday this war.. 7"

We are still in Germany but this time totally in to crust: The name of the band is Fear Is The Path To The Side and record's title is "Someday this war is going to end" released by Scorched Earth Policy in 1999, a label/collective run by a bunch of people and some of them were active in bands such as Man Vs Machine and Stack . F.I.T.P.T.T.D.S formed in 1998 in Mannheim including former, current and later members of Diavolo Rosso, Stack,Walls of Jericho Absidia and others, a brief biography with many details can be found in their myspace. Apart from "Someday this war.." they released "This machine runs on fear" split lp with Fear My Thoughts and "Only the dead have seen the end of war" lp, both lp's can be found in the Tatooine based Mosh Eisley blog.
Star Wars freaks have already recognized Yoda's words to the young padawan Luk Skywalker: "Fear is the path to the dark side, fear leads to anger..." tetc. The record starts with Darth Vader's voice challenging his son to unleash his anger and then the high intense riffs unleash band's anger:Music wise F.I.T.P.T.T.D.S. were a crust band in the vein of His Hero is Gone and Catharsis: Metallic riffs, screaming emotional vocals, fast tempos.There was a second pressing with different cover (the blue one you see below) and an insert with lyrics was included.
F.I.T.P.T.T.D.S. disbanded in 2003 and members went on in Absidia,Golden Gorilla and others

I d like to say to all you people who requested something from the old posts that some links that were dead or removed are active again,so here they are:
Deformed-Sacrifice,To What End?-And history repeats itself, Ekkaia-Ya hemos aguantado el sermon ahora lo destrozaremo Skitsystem/Wolfpack-split, Whispers comp bonus 7",Diskonto/Frigora-split,Disaffect-Home of the slave, Excrement pf War-The waste and the greed, Hellkrusher-Dying for who, Atavistic-Life during wartime, Wolfpack-Hellhound warpig ,Extreme Noise Terror-Are you that desperate , Extreme Noise Terror/Patareni-split Sore Throat-Abraham ear boot, Summon the Crows-st 7",V/A-Na eller aldri 7",
This is the beginning, more uploads from the old dead/removed links as soon as possible
Tracklist:
01:Der naechste schub kommt bestim
02:Wohlstandsproblematik
03:Banal
04:Ungeduld
05:Soziale kompetenz :Vier minus
06:Unglaublich glaubwuerdig


15 comments:

whispered into existence said...

Nice choice! As you said, they shared members w/ Diavolo Rosso, & I seem to recall that Diavolo Rosso (or maybe even Fear...Side) had something to do w/ ABC Diabolo - can anyone help out there? I'm positive that's why I got interested in this band in the first place, but then again I can't remember what the exact connection was... Your Holliness :)?

7inchcrust said...

mmm... i don't know, ABC Diabolo myspace has no any infos, only a band called Killflavour is mentioned there..
Pope must enter and enlighten the whole thing...

Papst Benedikt XVI said...

I've never heard DIAVOLO ROSSO should have been connected to ABC DIABOLO in any form! maybe you're confusing ABC DIABOLO with LUZIFERS MOB? that was the band Glasser, the DIAVOLO ROSSO drummer played before and they're fucking awesome?

whispered into existence said...

I'm confused myself - somehow I got into Fear...Side because of ABC Diabolo, I believe (& thru the Maximum Subjectivity comp.). What the connection is, I've no idea any more! I'll keep looking, maybe I'll come across s'thing. There's also the chance I misread Diavolo Rosso as ABC Diabolo of course, too, hahaha!...

P.S.: Nooooo, how could I confuse any band w/ Luzifer's Mob? Their sound was inimmitable...

Papst Benedikt XVI said...

ABC DIABOLO don't appear on that comp.! ;-)

whispered into existence said...

I know, your (pedantic ass)holliness, I was talking about Fear etc. - their tracks in that comp. were their first tracks I listened to, but I believe I bought the record in the first place b/c of the alleged connection. (Why is internet so tough on idiots like me?... I jus' wanna communicate but I can't - argH!)

darksouldealer said...

sore throat not working...i didnt know this existed!

7inchcrust said...

link is working, it was a server problem or something, it happens sometimes, try again

Papst Benedikt XVI said...

pedantic ass? yeah, I admitt that's me!

7inchcrust said...

oh, c'mon pope!

WarsNoFun said...

The 2nd track of the To What End? 7" doesn't work. Thanks for the re-posts and I'll try to start saving all this stuff on my server in case this happens again.

7inchcrust said...

i downloaded it and its ok, maybe the problem is the Swedish letters,rename it in English and tell me if it works..

chrisapproach said...

so now i don't have to post the 7" myself.
the name of the band and our blog somehow corresponds pretty good hehe.

Anonymous said...

unfortunately, i'm not the pope, but i played the guitar in abc diabolo ;)

we had no connection with diavolo rosso at any given time. maybe it was because, back then, there werent THAT many bands playing and touring... ?

and yeah, the myspace site hasnt that much info because it isnt maintained by any of us. its some guy from mexico i believe...

sexy said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.