Age - Inside Darkness

This is an accompaniment post to Billy's previous one (which happened to be the 200th one for this blog - cheers!), so I'll keep it short.

I came across this little gem recently, as part of a major 7" order I placed with Pino from Biba Records - check out his to-sell list in this link & get ready to fork some cash out. This particular 7" screamed 'quality' as soon as it hit the deck; dark, metallic crust (& hence business as usual for Age), slow in unfolding & relentless once it gets going. I still half-expect to hear 'blood runs red' belted out when I listen to side A, in fact...

This 1997 release is the second Age 7" posted in this blog, the other one having been 2001's "Blowing Wind." My copy came with a somewhat battered/faded cover & there's noticeable crackling on the vinyl, too; at least it contains two copies of the lyrics insert, one black-&-white & the other black-&-yellow (but otherwise identical).

Last but not least (& totally unrelated to Age, but definitely timely):Profane Existence has an auction going to help fund the label. There's a bunch of rare (& I mean RARE) records up for sale - check them out here before Tuesday. (Greek visitors of the blog will spot both Naytia records in the list; the rest will spot Contropotere releases, the Doom/No Security LP, an One By One LP, & the list goes on.) If you appreciate PE's work (&, if you don't, are you really reading the right blog?), help out!


3 comments:

7inchcrust said...

Never heard this, excellent record thanks!
yeah i have seen these PE rarities,a lot of old good records..a lot of money to spend...

Anonymous said...

Putting this on the Age post, but I basically just grabbed EVERYTHING off your site! I stumbled on this site and fucking glad I did! For awhile now I was contemplating selling my collection that has been growing since 1988 in order to get an upgrade on printing equiptment, and now I can cuz I just got most of it on my computer now thanks to you!
Cheers and thanks!!!
P.s. Check out my t-shirt site. Have a lot of stuff you might like. (hell, just downloaded most of the bands from you!)

www.nightgauntgraphics.com

I'll hook you up.....

ScytheofYadu said...

No links?